- Activation Process
Electrical Equipment can cause interference with Home Phone Connect. Avoid placing Home Phone Connect near other electrical equipment such as refrigerator, television, and/or microwave oven.
1. Insert the battery. Note Refer to Insert/Remove Battery for additional assistance.
2. Attach the antenna to the device.
3. Connect the home phone to the device using a RJ11 phone cable. Note Ensure the home phone is switched to Tone, Pulse service isn't supported.
4. Connect the power adapter to the device then plug it into an AC power receptacle
5. Press the Power button (ON TOP)
6. From the home phone, Perform Over-the-air Activation. (see Below)
- Perform Over-The-Air (OTA) Activation
To perform initial activation/setup on your 3G smartphone or basic phone, view this info.
Warning Don't perform these steps on 4G devices.
1. Dial *228 then press the SEND button. Note For Home Phone Connect dial *228 only.
2. When prompted, press 1 (one) to begin programming. Note Press option 2 to update the PRL only.
3. Wait for up to 2 minutes while the network links the service with the phone. Note When programming is complete, a confirmation message plays, the call ends automatically and the device power cycles.
- To set up your Voice Mail using your phone:
1.Enter *VM (*86).
2.Tap the Call button.
3.Follow the setup tutorial, which will walk you through selecting a password and recording both a voice signature and greeting for your voice mailbox.
Note: If you hear your own or a system greeting, you’ve already set up your voice mail. Tap the # button to interrupt the greeting and follow the prompts to enter your password and retrieve your messages.
- To set Volume on the Ringer of the Boom Box Volume Controls - Wireless Home Phone
1.With the phone off-hook, dial # # 1.
2.Press one of the following keys.
Note Double tone indicates error, restart the process.
(1) Low (2) Medium low (3) Medium high (4) High
3. Press the * (star key) to select save.
- Delay Dialing - Wireless Home Phone [Device-Specific Instructions]
Note Numbers entered on a handset are automatically dialed by the device after a specified delay.
1.Take the phone off the hook.
2.Press # # 5 8 * n #.
Note n = number of half seconds. Examples: ◾When n = 6 provides a 3 second delay. When n = 9 provides a 4.5 second delay.